India International Science Film Festival & Competition – 2017
Date : 14 to 16 October 2017
Venue : Chennai
Last date to submit entries : 20th September 2017
Competitive Categories & Awards (and who can participate?)
Category A: Short films made by professional film makers – Duration 10 to 25 minutes
||Jury Awards (2 nos.)
Category B: Short films made by school / college students – Duration 5 to 10 minutes
||Jury Awards (2 nos.)
Themes for competitive films
Film makers can submit their films in any of the following themes. Themes are common for Category A and Category B
- Science for New India
- Science and Sustainable Development
- Swachh Bharat – Swasthya Bharat
- Technology and Innovations
- Climate Change – Challenges & Solutions
Terms and Conditions
- Films produced ONLY between December 2016 and September 2017 will be entertained. Films submitted in earlier IISF will not be accepted.
- Applicants can submit maximum two entries in one category. Separate entry form (to be filled online only) is required for each entry.
- Films produced in languages other than Hindi or English must be sub-titled in English.
- Captions and credits must be clear, legible and must be within the safe areas.
It is essential to fill all the columns in the entry form, failing which the entry is liable to be rejected.
The award money of all the awards will be distributed equally between the producer (copy right holder) and the director. Trophies will go to the director and certificates will be awarded to both the producer and director.
The film should not violate the copyright / intellectual property law. In case such a violation is reported at a later date the awardee/s will
- Will have right to telecast and screen the awarded / shortlisted films as and when required for educational purposes.
- Reserve the right to reject any entry without assigning any reason.
- Can change the category of the film without any explanation if the film is not found suitable for the category indicated by the applicant.
- Be liable for any legal action.
- Have to return the cash prize, trophy and certificate.
- Be barred in future from participating in the IISF competition.
Screening and Participation
- A jury will be constituted to judge the entries.
- Short listed entries would be announced during last week of September 2017.
- Shortlisted entries will be screened during the festival.
- Two representatives from the crew of the each shortlisted film will be invited to attend the festival.
- AC 3rd train fare (to & fro) from shortest route, accommodation and food will be provided to two outstation members of the shortlisted films of both categories. No TA / DA will be paid to local members.
- If award is shared by 2 or more persons / organisations, the amount will be equally divided.
- Organisers reserve the right to modify the rules and conditions including number and amount of awards
- science film screening and workshop on science films will be organized during the event.
How to apply (please read carefully)
- The following steps need to be carried out:
- After registering as a delegate for IISF, Applicant fills the online Entry Form for Science Film Festival.
- Registered applicant must upload their short films through Google drive or Youtube to the E-mail ID: email@example.com. Uploaded video link need to be shared while filling the online form.
For Youtube, Uploaded video need to be shared privately with firstname.lastname@example.org (Go to youtube, select "Private", upload the video then share to the E mail ID: email@example.com).
- Share the uploaded video link to Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following enclosures:
After online submission, please send the following documents by post / courier to the given address:
- Certificate from the Principal/Director of the institution for category B (Scanned copy) (Click here to download the Certificate for Category B only)
- Two stills of the film (in JPEG format)
- One still of the Director (in JPEG format)
Last date for receipt of entries: 10th September 2017
Please mention the following in the subject column in all email correspondence:“IISF 2017 – (Title of your film)”.
Address for correspondence:
- DVD / pen drive containing film, two stills of film and one still of the Director
- Print out of the completely filled on-line form (along with synopsis) and
- Certificate from the Principal / Director of the institution/college/school only for category B
- Mr. Nimish Kapoor
- Scientist E & Head
- Science Films’ Division
- Vigyan Prasar
- A 50, Institutional Area
- Sector 62, Noida - 201 309
Mr. Nimish Kapoor
Mob: + 91 120 240 4430, +91 120 240 4435 (Extn: 205)
Dr. Phani Kumar
Mob: +91 9444941830
Dr. Hemwati Nandan
Mob: +91 8909916277